Robotics 4 - EdPrinter Build

Today was the last day of our Summer Robotics 4 camp.  We built the EdPrinter and boy was it a challenge!  There were 4 kids in the class that were able to do it mostly independently.  Once they were done they were able to assist me in helping everyone else get the build completed.  The instructions were challenging and it was confusing about how to put the pieces together.
Once we got it built we had a discussion about the coding software Python and I showed the group the 2.5 pages of code written for the robot to draw a rectangle.  Of course, a lot of the code is notes about how it works and not actually code, but it made a good point about how we've been using a drag and drop coding program and there is a lot of code behind those drag-able squares. I gave the four older kids the option of playing with the Python code to have Edison draw a different design, but by then their brains were shot and they opted for just free building :).  I hope to have the speed video and class video up soon (as well as more pictures) but it seems I'm having technology glitches that I don't have time to solve this evening.  I'll aim to fix it all this weekend!  Thanks for learning with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter Camps

Happy Thanksgiving Week everyone!  Winter Camp registration will open on Thanksgiving day at  www.InitiateLearning.net  Be sure to sign up e...